The System Engineer reports to the Infrastructure Services Team Leader and is responsible for the implementation, support, maintenance and improvement of the companies Linux server infrastructure. A key objective of this role is to ensure optimal performance of the Linux server infrastructure and the services that run on it.
In return for your expertise, you get to work for an industry leader who places a high priority on investing in its people, its technology and processes to provide an exemplary service to its key player
- Ensuring that core systems are always available and performing optimally by overseeing the relevant hardware and software infrastructure.
- Automating routine tasks through shell scripting.
- Ensuring that ERP backups are maintained and completed successfully.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Linux Operating Systems and RedHat cluster services.
- Specifying server requirements, obtaining quotes, racking, installing and maintaining servers when necessary.
- Desired Experience & Qualification
- Relevant tertiary degree or diploma
- RHCE, Linux or equivalent qualification
- Experience and Requirements
- Bash scripting at an expert level
- Python scripting advantageous
- Storage Area Network (SAN) knowledge beneficial
Please call us to apply.