DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Embedded C, Altium, RF advantageous), KZN, Upper Highway
To determine and understand all relevant specifications and approval requirements for a project. To develop new and existing products with related hardware, software and firmware components in conjunction with the Design Team. To perform prototyping, testing and system integration of products. To provide Technical assistance/ support to manufacturing and customers.
• Design and evaluate circuit designs in accordance to specifications, ensuring conformity to required type approval (including testing) and customer requirements.
• Determine test procedures, specification values and field testing required.
• Assist and conduct technical investigations into problems encountered by manufacturing and or customers.
• Assist other design engineers and manufacturing with when required.
• Design, implement and evaluate firmware applications with adherence to specifications.
• To provide and review technical information and assist with document compilations or updates which may be required, including compilation of Product Manufacturing Documents and Customer Documentation
• To understand, implement and work according to documented Quality System Procedures.
• To keep abreast of new technology by reading technical literature and attending workshops/ seminars to further develop.
• To be involved with brain storming of new concepts, ideas and products.
• Domestic and International travel may be required.
• B.Sc. Eng. (electronics) / M.Sc. Eng. (electronics) / B. Tech (electronics)
Desired Skills and Experience
• 3 year’s experience in electronics hardware and or firmware development
• Embedded C development
• Schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium preferable)
• RF Design capabilities is a plus
• Use of hardware test and development tools such as Oscilloscopes, various analysers etc