A skilled embedded engineer with strong development and debugging skills is required for our development in Impro R&D.
Joining a strong team the embedded software engineers would be expected to take on the following :
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Design & Implementation of embedded firmware and test solutions primarily in C.
• Design Documentation.
• Working in a small team environment locally and with multi-site projects internationally.
• Actively contribute to team’s continuous improvement.
• Ability to complete design related tasks with minimal supervision.
Required Knowledge / Experience:
• Applied experience with embedded C in bare-metal and RTOS environments.
• Comfortable at working at low level (e.g. GPIO, UART)
• Working knowledge of one or more communication protocols (e.g. USB, Bluetooth, SPI, I2C ).
• Solid embedded debugging skills, including use of oscilloscopes and logic analysers.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills.
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on embedded development experience
Additional beneficial skills/Experience
• Bluetooth low energy firmware development,
• Design of security systems with cryptography,
• Develop/maintain PC based support applications in Visual Studio in C/C#
• Smart Card ISO7816 and RFID ISO 14443/15593 protocols.
• Python programming.
• Available for occasional international travel.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the South Africa
• International travel may occasionally be required; therefore, employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.